Caring for a loved one can be a stressful, time-consuming occupation. Paired with your family’s needs, the demands of your job, and other life stressors, and you may find that you have little time for yourself. Respite care may be the solution you need. This service can be regularly scheduled or arranged for times when you need an extra bit of help to manage everything on your schedule. Our quality respite care services offers you a break from your regular caregiving duties, while ensuring that your loved one is cared for completely during this time.
The Benefits of Respite Care
Maintaining your own health and emotional needs can be a challenge when you are caring for a loved one, so our respite care services are designed to allow you a short break. After all, you wouldn’t work overtime without taking breaks, so why shouldn’t you also take breaks from the full-time work of caring for another? Here are some of the ways respite care can help:
- Respite care can renew your spirit. Time to yourself is necessary, as is doing things that bring you joy. Respite care gives you time to care for your emotional and physical needs, pursue healthcare for yourself, and generally relax.
- Respite care helps you to re-energize. Whether you’re running short on sleep or emotional energy, respite care can help. Sleep in, take a nap, or take some time to meditate—whatever you need to be an effective caretaker once more.
- Respite care offers space. It can be easy to experience feelings of frustration or resentment while caretaking. Respite care provides the opportunity to distance yourself from your loved one for a short time and renew your sense of purpose.
- Respite care can help you enjoy life. If you devote most of your time to meeting the needs of another, you may be feeling the strain of that. You still deserve to enjoy the little things and seek pleasure. Having time off can let you do something you love, reconnect with your significant other, or even try something new.
- Respite care allows you to have your own identity. It’s easy to become entangled with your loved one and lose your sense of self while caring for them. While they are being cared for by a respite care service, you can focus on what makes you, you.
- Respite care provides perspective. Ever heard of taking a step back and viewing the bigger picture? It can be hard to do when you’re worrying about the details of your loved one’s comfort and care. Respite care offers the chance to change your perspective, discuss your loved one’s care with others in your family, or seek the advice of a trusted counselor.
- Respite care reduces isolation. When your life is focused on meeting the needs of a loved one, it can lead to a feeling of isolation. Respite care can give you time off to see your family, grab lunch with your friends, participate in your children’s activities, take a shopping trip, or anything else that takes care of your social needs.
Remember, you deserve to have a break, regardless of how much you want to meet your loved one’s every need. With appropriate time off and respite care, both you and your loved one can benefit from your renewed ability to provide care. It’s okay to regain control of your life with the help of respite care services.
Our Westchester County respite care professionals understand the challenges families face while caring for their loved one. King Street Rehab is here to help, with quality respite care services, experience professional caregivers, and luxurious facilities. We strive to make your loved one’s time with us as enjoyable as possible, so both you and your loved one can take advantage of the benefits of our respite care services.
Schedule a tour to learn more about our services. Contact our offices by calling (914) 937-5800.